The Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is continuing to evolve and both our professional and personal lives are being impacted. Listed below are helpful information and links to help you stay abreast of the latest developments impacting your profession.
Suburban West REALTORS® Association
The physical Suburban West office in Malvern is currently closed. Staff is working remotely and can assist members during regular business hours. To reach a staff member about a specific question, please access the Contact Us page.
All Suburban West and Association of REALTORS® School meetings, events and classes are canceled through April 13, 2020. More information on events and classes after that date will be communicated to members as more information becomes available.
The Pennsylvania State Real Estate Commission has extended the license renewal deadline to August 29, 2020 (from May 31st). Note that the renewal requirements are otherwise unchanged. The Commission’s PALS portal will be available for renewal soon. It is not recommended that licensees log in to renew their license until they’ve completed the 14 hours of continuing education. Please note that the Pennsylvania Association of REALTORS® strongly advocated for an extension over the past several weeks and are grateful to the Pennsylvania Department of State’s Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs and State Real Estate Commission for this decision.
Be advised that Suburban West has also extended the deadline that existing MCE Season Pass holders can use their already purchased pass. The pass can be used by already existing MCE Season Pass holders towards any 2018-2020 continuing education classes offered through August 29th at the Malvern location and satellite locations of the Association of REALTORS® School.
Suburban West been receiving a number of inquiries about unemployment compensation for REALTORS®. The CARE Act passed by the Federal Government does provide that self-employed individuals may be eligible. Benefit procedures will be administrated by the individual states. Access the Pennsylvania COVID-19 Unemployment web page which states that information is coming soon. Stay tuned to our page and PAR COVID-19 pages for announcements as updates become available.
Bright MLS conducted an exclusive webinar for Suburban West members on March 31, 2020. A recording of the webinar, “Managing Your Business During a Shutdown”, has been posted on Suburban West’s Webinar Series Archive page along with a variety of links that were referenced during the webinar.
The Association of REALTORS® School makes available online courses through its vendor relationship with OnCourse Learning. Click here to access the list of online continuing education classes and packages.
Pennsylvania Association of REALTORS®
- Pennsylvania Association of REALTORS®
- Pennsylvania Association of REALTORS® – COVID-19 Addendum Available for Use (posted March 19, 2020)
- PAR CEO Update on Organization’s Coronavirus-Related Efforts (Facebook video posted March 30, 2020)
- Real Estate License Renewal and CE Requirements Extended (posted March 27, 2020)
- Governor Authorizes Temporary Use of Remote Online Notarization (posted March 27, 2020)
- PAR Officers: Follow Governor’s Orders (posted March 26, 2020)
- PAR Legal Counsel Offers Thoughts on COVID Restrictions (posted March 25, 2020)
Additional State Association Resources
- Bright Steps Initiative – Bright Resources for Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- COVID-19 Initial Market Trends (last updated March 29, 2020)
- VIDEO – Creating a Virtual Showing with YouTube (posted March 25, 2020)
- VIDEO – Entering a Virtual Showing in Showing Time (posted March 25, 2020)
National Association of REALTORS®
- National Association of REALTORS®
- Coronavirus: A Guide for REALTORS®
- Coronavirus: Resources for Property Owners
- NAR Right Tools, Right Now Program – NAR products and services available for FREE or significantly discounted
- NAR Overview of Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Act (posted March 27, 2020)
- NAR Wins Major Provisions for REALTORS® (posted March 26, 2020)
- Shelter-In-Place Guidance During COVID-19 (posted March 26, 2020)
- FHFA Directs Enterprises to Grant Flexibilities for Appraisal and Employment Verifications (posted March 24, 2020)
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Open House Guidance
- Relief for small business/ICs: NAR’s first letter and follow-up letter to Congressional leaders. NAR also signed a coalition letter.
- Essential Real Estate Services: NAR is working with state associations to request that certain real estate services be deemed “essential services” during emergency declarations.
- 1031 Like-Kind Exchanges
- SECURE Notarization Act
- Opportunity Zones
Resources on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- The President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Heath Organization
- NAR: Sellers Adopt Showing Procedures to Minimize Coronavirus Spread
- Inman: We talked to 21 multiple listing services about their coronavirus preparations. Here’s what they said
- Inman: 7 tips for protecting your real estate business in this fearful time
- Inman: How to properly clean and disinfect your real estate office