The Suburban West REALTORS® Association “Making a Difference” Community Service Awards will recognize active REALTOR® members who are making an extraordinary impact on their community through volunteer work. Multiple winners will be selected in the Spring by an appointed leadership task force. These winners will receive grants ranging from $2,500 to $15,000 for their charity and then be recognized at an Association event.
Rules and Eligibility:
- Nominees must be an active Primary or Secondary REALTOR® member of the Suburban West REALTORS® Association in good standing.
- Nominees should have made a significant impact as a volunteer for a nonprofit organization. Eligible activities are not limited to real estate or housing issues and may include volunteer work done overseas.
- Grants must be issued to a US 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
- Nominees will be judged primarily on the level and impact of personal contribution. Nominees should have made a significant contribution of personal time, but contributions of money, materials or other resources will be considered by the task force as well.
- The award is intended to recognize individual contributions, not Association or company-wide efforts. However, if an individual can be singled out as instrumental to the success of a group effort, he or she is eligible.
- If the achievements of two people (such as a married couple or co-founders) of an organization absolutely cannot be separated, they can enter as a pair and their entry will be considered as one.
- Nominees must be able to document the results of their individual involvement through published reports and/or written testimonials from the organization they served or the people they helped.
- REALTORS® may nominate themselves or may be nominated by someone else.
- Some portion of the nominee’s work must have taken place within 12 months prior to the nomination deadline; January 1st, 2019 – December 21st, 2019.
Please fill out the application completely. An EIN (501(C)3 Non-Profit Identifier, Verification of Involvement and supporting documents are required. The application must be signed by the applicant and returned no later than March 20th, 2020 to the Association Office, Attention: Kristin Tornetta.
All completed applications will be reviewed and winners will be selected by the Association’s leadership task force and will be selected on their own merits based on their application. Application forms should include as much information as possible. Grants can not be divided among more than one organization presented on this form. Winners must be willing to participate in the Association Outstanding Community Service recognition event and be featured in Association newsletters. All applicants and winners will be notified by telephone by the leadership task force in the Spring of 2020.