Since a 2008 vote by the membership, all Suburban West REALTOR® members are required to complete a Membership Renewal Training course every three years. The purpose of this requirement is to raise the level of professionalism of the Suburban West REALTOR® member through education.
The organization’s Board of Directors identifies a topic that will increase the knowledge base of members on an important facet of real estate. Previous courses have focused on standard forms, electronic communications and disclosures. For the 2019-2021 cycle, the Association (with the approval of its Board of Directors) has developed the 3 ½-hour training class “Ethics Over Instincts“.
Facts about the Membership Renewal Training Requirement
- The Membership Renewal Training requirement is every three years. The current deadline for the 2019-2021 cycle is December 31, 2021.
- Completion of the Membership Renewal Training requirement class in the 2019-2021 cycle also satisfies the 2019-2021 NAR Code of Ethics training requirement.
- REALTOR® members of Suburban West must complete a prescribed class.
- There is no cost to attend the Membership Renewal Training class but registration is required.
- The class is offered primarily at Suburban West REALTORS® Association office in Malvern but also is scheduled for off-site locations throughout the area. There is NOT an online option for the class.
- The class is presented to new Suburban West REALTOR® members at New Member Orientation. If you’ve attended a New Member Orientation session since January 2019, you have completed the 2019-2021 requirement.
- Failure to complete the training by December 31, 2021 will result in the suspension of membership and subject to discontinued access to services (i.e. zipForms, DocuSign, electronic keypad service, RPR, use of the term REALTOR®, free attendance to Association seminars and events, the PAR legal hotline, use of Designations and much more) from Suburban West REALTORS® Association, Pennsylvania Association of REALTORS® and National Association of REALTORS®. On March 1, 2022, any membership still suspended will be automatically terminated.
For questions on the Membership Renewal Training requirement and course, please contact Paula Tansey at email@example.com or call 610-560-4800.